HPE has announced the sixth generation of its Modular Smart Array (MSA) entry-level hybrid-flash storage solution. Gen. 6 has been built using a modern architecture and offers a good balance of performance, automation and security. It also comes with data services and is ideally suited for use as part of a streaming video platform, where distributed applications and workloads and edge delivery are required.
Advancements to the HPE MSA Gen 6 Architecture
- Automatic tiering for faster data access
- improved MSA Health Check tool eliminates common causes of downtime
- Hands-free tiering – workload efficiency, improved performance, lower latencies. Features:
- 2 – 4x performance compared to HDD-only configurations
- on-board SSDs respond to changing workloads
- moves the hottest data to the fastest media in real-time
- maximises SSD performance and HDD capacity
- integration with HPE Cloud Volumes Backup for:
- cloud backup
- data archival
- Improved in-array data protection with MSA Data Protection Plus (MSA DP+)
- pans all drives
- eliminates idle HDD spares to improve efficiency
- speeds rebuild times by 25x2 in the event of a disk failure
- reduces the time an array is in a degraded or vulnerable state
- Improved MSA Health Check tool:
- proactive use eliminates common causes of downtime
- reduces local administration overhead by searching sensor data for known issues
- improves the user experience and maximises availability.
- Integration with HPE Cloud Volumes Backup:
The HPE MSA Gen 6 is now available for order now.